Hey, is that a spine that Harry Reid is growing? Apparently, the buzz on the street is that he’s going to include an (opt-out) public option in the bill he brings to the floor. We’ll see if it happens. Now, to the links:
• Tim Redmond of the Bay Guardian responds to the latest charges against Jerry Brown about his 90s liberalness.
• There are way too many initiatives being filed for the Nov 2010 ballot, some of them will even get on the ballot. This one about banning politicians from telling lies doesn’t seem too likely to succeed.
• There’s quite the back and forth between Carly Fiorina and Chuck DeVore regarding NRSC support. Chuck DeVore has basically launched an all-out attack against the DC Republicans. How very tea-party of him.
• Medical Marijuana patient? Flying to/from SFO, no worries, bring your pot. The SFO airport police will allow card-carrying patients to have up to 8 ounces.
• Oh ya, the City of Industry Stadium legislation went through. Great, we can spend money on luring some NFL team. As a European soccer fan, I (Brian) am a big supporter of the idea of relegation and promotion of teams, an idea again proposed in last month’s Wired magazine.