• Arnold did a bit more greenwashing of his record in Copenhagen. Even I have to give Arnold some credit here, he does have a very good point about needing the broader framework. While it is great that California is working to limit greenhouse gases, we need other states and nations to be working just as hard if this is ever going to really succeed.
• Josh Richman looks at Steve Poizner’s long history of dumping millions into his campaigns after he announced that he’s putting $15 mil into the governor bid.
• The LA City Council is thinking of creating a “ratepayer advocate” at the Department of Water and Power.
• The CalPERS board is set to approve a small increase in the state’s annual contribution to the fund.
• A new report shows health care costs have gone up far faster than the cost of living overall since 2001.