* Thanks to generic for today’s Open Thread Photo. It just works, doesn’t it?
* Charles Munger, a big GOP backer of Prop 11, wants to take away Congressional districting powers from the Legislature too. He’s now given about $2 million to the effort. I’m guessing this is grabbing Speaker Pelosi’s attention, and plenty of money will be dispatched to avoid any change to the redistricting process in California. It is curious that Munger isn’t doing the same thing in Texas, isn’t it?
* The toll increases on Bay Area Bridges are one step closer to being reality. The issue of ending casual carpool has been discussed here before, but it still stinks.
* Arnold is getting ready to go to DC to try to smooth talk his hostage situation he’s got going on with the budget.
* CaliforniaWatch has a map of where the H1N1 flu is hitting hardest.
* Eric Wooten thinks that the Governor is setting up a special election for 2011 as one of his last acts before he leaves the joint.
* Some California nurses have volunteered to go to Haiti to help with earthquake relief. As a reminder, you can text Yele to 501501 to donate $5 to Wyclef Jean’s excellent charity, Yele Haiti.