Here we go on a busy day:
• California’s Leon Panetta’s confirmation finally got out of committee, and should be confirmed by the full Senate shortly.
• Some advice to the conference committee: IGNORE REP. JERRY LEWIS, who was appointed to the conference committee for the stimulus. The man is corrupt. On the other hand, I’m sure if you built a highway near his land, he might be willing to talk.
• The Washington Post is reporting that Obama is considering Lloyd Dean, head of Catholic Healthcare West for the Health and Human Services gig. (h/t CapAlert) Dean was a big Arnold fan during the so-called (and failed) “Year of Healthcare Reform.”
• The Majority Report begins a series looking at potential Yacht Party targets for 2010. First up is Cameron Smyth in AD-38 (Santa Clarita). We’ll be ramping up this kind of coverage a few months down the road.
• LA City Attorney (and AG hopeful?) Rocky Delgadillo settled with HealthNet over their practice of rescinding coverage for their insureds when they dare to make a claim. PDF Press release here. In addition, Anthem Blue Cross is agreeing to take back clients and pay a $1 million dollar fine in its rescission case.