• CW Nevius calls Newsom’s exit from the race a healthy wake-up call, because he didn’t properly deal with people in small groups and with the press.
• This is a very sad story in the Chronicle about an East Bay group that helped rehab Michael Vick’s dogs. He did some really disgusting things to those dogs. That is one depraved dude.
• The CalBuzz crew has a piece in the LA Times calling the current crop of candidates for the governor gig unininspiring.
• Republicans boycotted a hearing with Sen. Boxer’s committee to look into climate change legislation. How very 8th grade of them.
• What exactly did this character do for $53 million in CalPERS money?