* Sen. Steinberg appointed Sen. Pat Johnston (ret.) to the Delta Stewardship Council created under the new water legislation. I (Brian) am not totally certain that this body will be all that effective, but I respect Sen. Johnston a lot.
* The Prof. Engineers and Prof. Scientists are speaking against the legislative pay cuts, saying an additional pay cut would allow only the rich to become legislators.
* The reporting period ended this week, so we got wind of some big contributions.
* Some locals are suing the federal government over the Richmond San Pablo casino.
* Just as he’s almost fading from discussion, Steve Poizner is “just getting started”.
* Meg Whitman spoke to a Hispanic business group and didn’t mention immigration. Later told the SJ Merc that she was going to crack down. Funny how that didn’t come up during the discussion.